Volume of Croatia’s agricultural output increases

ZAGREB, July 14 – Recent data analysis shows that the gross volume of agricultural production in Croatia increased 5% in 2018 compared to 2017, the national statistical office has recently reported.

The growth was on the back of a 14.8% rise in plant production, whereas the volume of animal husbandry decreased by 6.5%.

Regarding major segments of crop production, maize production increased 37.7%, and wheat by 8.5%. Furthermore, the production of grapes leaped by 25.7% and soya by 18%.

Major aspects of animal husbandry saw a decline in 2018, apart from pig farming, which increased by 5.8%.

Crop production accounts for 59.1% of gross agricultural production, and animal husbandry for the remaining 40.9%.

The net amount of agricultural production in Croatia increased 4.1% last year.

The net volume of agricultural output is calculated when the gross volume is reduced by the value of products used for animal feeding.

(Source: Hina)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.