Missile boat Dubrovnik sails off for NATO operation in Mediterranean

ZAGREB, Aug 31- The Dubrovnik missile boat, with a 33-member crew from the 2nd Croatian contingent, was seen off at Split’s Lora naval port on Friday, sailing off for NATO’s “Sea Guardian” peace support mission in the Mediterranean.

The vessel will participate in the operation until September 18. The RTOP-42 Dubrovnik is 45 metres long, 8.9 m wide and can sail at 28 knots.

Defence Minister Damir Krsticevic said at the ceremony he was proud that in the year it was marking ten years of NATO membership, Croatia was sending a missile boat crew to a NATO operation for the second time.

He said the crew of the Vukovar missile boat, which took part in an operation last year, conducted the task immaculately, showing that the Croatian Navy was a reliable ally and partner.

(Source: Hina)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.